We call VITABIOME our "chill pill" and here is why........
Let's talk about Vital biome, our Ah-mazing probiotic, and how it might benefit you!
There are 8 incredible strains of probiotics in this product! 20 billion CFU total, freeze dried when they are encapsulated so that they can be kept at room temperature. The container is also extra special and designed to keep out light and moisture, making sure that your probiotic is just as strong from your first to your last capsule!
Here are the strains:
Lactobacillus Helveticus (R0052)
Bifidobacterium, Longum (R0175)
Bacillus Coagulans (MTCC 5856)
Lactobacillus Acidophilus (NCFM)
Lactobacillus Plantarum (LP-115)
Bifidobacterium Lactis (Bl-04)
Bifidobacterium Lactis (Bi-07)
Saccharomyces Boulardii (I-3799)
One of the biggest most exciting benefits of Vitalbiome that we are hearing and seeing is how helpful it is for anxiety, depression, stress, and mood. There are several studies showing that the combination of lactobacillus helveticus and bifidobacterium longum together are likely the reason for this! Check these out:
-Significantly reduced anxiety and alleviated psychological distress.
-Improved Anxiety, OCD, depression -
Bacillus Coagulans - studies showing improvement in rheumatoid arthritis patients
Lactobacillus Acidophilus - biggest benefit is help with Irritable bowel syndrom and other GI issues but it also has many other benefits like reducing choleterol, promoting weight loss, and reducing cold symptoms!
Lactobacillus Plantarum - also huge for IBS
Saccaromyces Boulardii -
This is actually a probiotic YEAST. So its not good bacteria, its good yeast. Don't freak out if you have bad reactions to yeast and typically have to stay away from it. Its like comparing good bacteria to Streptococcus. Its not like a typical strain of yeast at all!!!
One awesome benefit to this - is when you are on an antibiotic you need to stagger your probiotics and antibiotics. Because the antibiotics are killing off all your bacteria, good and bad. So taking them together instantly kills it before it has a chance to do anything. BUT if you have a healthy level of this probiotic in your gut, the antibiotic isn't killing it off! It will keep on doing its job! Can we all say, WHOA!!!
This probiotic is also very crucial in combating candida which is the bad bacteria we are all born with and is intended to decompose our bodies after we die. However in today’s modern age, many, many people suffer from an overgrowth of this bad bacteria that can lead to SOOO many major health concerns.
A good healthy gut controls sooo much!!! I, for one, have fallen head over heels for Vital Biome! In the last 4 months of taking it, my psychiatrist has been able to reduce my prescription medication for anxiety by 75%!!! That's incredible!!
So how can you get your hands on this amazing chill pill? Search no further.... CLICK HERE TO ORDER. Make sure you get it on subscription so that you can get 15% off your order and never worry about running out!
Here is the BEST explanation I've heard to date of what "gut health" really is.....for the sciency, nerdy types that ask WHY! My friend Jessica Hoogendoorn (Naturopathic Doctor, Master Herbalist, Certified Nutritional Counselor) gives a fantastic visual of fungus/candida. She says:
"Think of your gut like a walled castle, a fortress. If it is sealed like its supposed to be, then it keeps toxins out, they go from the gut to the liver and the liver filters the junk and sends it OUT and we are healthy ;) Full of life and energy. Bouncing out of bed.
Well, let's say we get vaccinated, take even 1 round of antibiotics, go on birth control, have a poor diet, etc. When we do that, what happens is this little bad bacteria that we are all born with in the gut (called candida albicans or fungus; it's what decomposes us when we die, turns us back to dust) starts to grow and feed out of control on all these dead bacteria that the birth control, antibiotics, vaccines, etc cause. Candida/fungus is like an octopus with long decomposing fingers. When candida/fungus starts to grow and feed on the junk in our gut caused by poor diet, or die off from antibiotics or drugs, or sugar and carbs that we eat.....it upsets the balance ratio of good bacteria in the gut, turning it to bad bacteria now ruling.
You have to understand: 70-80% of our immune system resides in our guts, which basically means that our health almost entirely depends on the ratio of good to bad bacteria ruling our guts. To be healthy, our gut should be approximately 80% good bacteria to 20% bad bacteria/candida/fungus. Now its roles are literally reversed.
So the candida starts to flourish and has octopus like fingers that grow and grow and start to decompose and eat holes in the lining of the gut. Our fort has now been compromised. Toxins, food particles, etc then start to leak out of these tiny holes in our intestines into our bloodstream/body and start wreaking havoc!!
So, we go to the doctor and they give us antibiotics, painkillers, medication drugs, inhalers, etc....but neither we nor the Dr. ever get to "WHY DO WE HAVE THIS ISSUE?" In fact, we've been going back home to use all these different medications and antibiotics, and we've unknowingly/unintentionally ended up just making the root cause WORSE.
It's really all so simple.....it started with an imbalance in our gut flora, leading to candida/fungus taking over and compromising our gut lining. The solution? You heal/rebalance the gut and heal those holes.....VIOLA!!! We got to the root of it all, instead of just accepting it and masking symptoms the rest of our lives with drugs.
When your body has an overload of toxins that never should be there in the first place.....everything slows to a halt and your body does just what is has to to survive. It is like an army that has been overrun and they are running for their lives. Exhausted and just trying to stay alive. Fatigue is the first step towards a disease I was taught in school! The body is saying, "hey something is wrong, HELP!"
Well, my company put together a protocol that #1 heals the gut, cleanses out those toxins, balances the hormones, balances blood sugar, reduces inflammation and FLOODS you with nutrients and oxygen that make you loaded with energy:) SO, instead of masking symptoms, we are now getting at the ROOT OF IT ALL:) YEEEHAWWW"
That is such an amazing explanation!!! If you want to learn more about the products she talks about, feel free to contact me and I'd be happy to chat about your health history and which products would help you!
And if you can't wait and would like to take a look at the products, click here to find out more. But if you want the biggest bang for your buck, contact me before ordering so I can give you some tips on ordering. I never let anyone pay retail prices ;)
Can you believe summer is already almost over and kids all over the country are going to be heading back to school in the next week or two?
I don't know about you, but every school year, we spend the first month battling various bugs that come from dozens of kids suddenly sharing germs again. But, I am here to tell you that there are ways you can start preparing your child's immune system now so that you can minimize the amount of illnesses brought home, or at least the severity.
Around this time each year, I try to stock up on the various items in my holistic medicine cabinet so that I can be ready for whatever ickiness gets brought home. This year I'll have two kids in two different schools, so I need to be extra prepared! One of them will be in preschool, where everyone is sick all year long. Super fun. z
So. What are some of the things that you should stock up on this week?
1. A good multivitamin and probiotic. This is a personal favorite because, first of all, since it's a combination, that's one less thing I have to remember to give my kids. These are also really high quality with methylated B12 and folate, which is super important if you suspect/know your child has MTHFR. There are no artificial sweeteners, colors, or flavors; no common allergens like soy or dairy; no preservatives. The probiotics keep their gut in check (reducing the risk of stomach bugs and helping with digestive and mental health, as well as strengthening their immune system) and the multivitamins keep their overall health in order.
2. Elderberry syrup. We use this a lot, especially during flu season. It helps to build up the immune system, and when given while sick, it helps to reduce the length of time. You can make it yourself, but in case you aren't able to for whatever reason, this is the kind that we use. Even my pickiest child likes it, if that says anything.
3. Activated charcoal. This is a must for every medicine cabinet! It's a great binder for toxins, which is helpful when you're doing any kind of detox. It also helps when you're sick, especially with a stomach bug. It binds to the junk in your system and helps your body eliminate everything. Literally.... eliminate. Don't be alarmed when you go to the bathroom and see black in the toilet... that's the charcoal doing its job. I like using these tablets because the kids can chew them, and they think it's funny when their mouth turns black. There are also capsules, and you can buy bags of powder as well... we use the powder to make pastes for wounds or bug bites, poison ivy or infected cuts, even brushing teeth (IF you don't have amalgams - or, metal fillings.)
4. Colloidal Silver. We use this for ear infections, pink eye, asthma, and general illnesses. We put drops directly in the ear or eye, or take a dropper-full a couple times a day when sick. For breathing problems, you can put it in a nebulizer where you put albuterol. Here is a fascinating study on a boy with lung disease who was treated with colloidal silver. **Please do not discontinue use of prescription medication without first consulting your physician. This is meant to be a supplement, not a substitution.**
5. Kid-safe essential oil blends. There are many blends for a variety of ailments and concerns. We love using Plant Therapy because they are high quality without the MLM price tag. Don't get me wrong... I'm not against MLM's. But in this case, I am 100% a Plant Therapy customer for life. I used an MLM brand for over a year, but switched to PT about 3 years ago and haven't looked back. Their products are incredible. These are some of my favorites:
6. Transfer Factor - Useful for shortening the length of illnesses. This comes from cow colostrum, and is a powerhouse tool to have on hand. For young children, I just open the capsule and put the powder in their drinks or apple sauce.
7. Oscillococcinum (aka Oscillo) - THIS will sell out QUICKLY when flu season comes, so stock up now! Also, it's about quality, not quantity. With homeopathy, you'll get the same results if you take 2 pellets or 10, so save your money and don't follow the dosing recommendation. It says to take a whole tube EACH TIME, but you really only need to take 3 pellets at a time, making the tube last way longer. These dissolve quickly, and my kids love taking them.
*Edit September 10, 2018*
Some of the things I need to add links to in the article, that we've been using more frequently lately:
Camu Camu (vitamin C)
Bee Propolis spray
Fermented Cod Liver Oil
Organic Wheat Grass
Vitamin D (I put the powder in their water)
Ok, well those are some of the things we keep on hand all school year - well, all year really. Am I missing anything? Let me know in the comments!!!
Hey everyone! Today is the first edition of my series: Simple Steps Saturday, where I will be sharing a few simple steps towards better health!
When people think about getting healthier, sometimes they get overwhelmed at the idea because there are so many different things that can be done. I am here to show you that it is easy to make small changes every day that will eventually grow into habits and become second nature!
I'm a busy mom, and I know how difficult it can be to make my health a priority. That's why I decided to start this series to show how easy it can be to incorporate simple steps to be healthier.
Step One: Skip your second cup of coffee and eat an apple instead.
Step Two: Jog up and down a flight of stairs 5-10 times in a row.
Step Three: While taking a shower or brushing your teeth, do some calf raises, squats, and lunges. (These can also be done while doing dishes.)
What are some simple things you do each day for health? Comment below!!
**Blog posts may contain affiliate links. This means that at no extra cost to you, Amazon, Plexus, and Coseva pay me a small commission on sales through my links. Thank you for helping me to support my family.**
* Single, divorced mama to three super awesome kiddos.